Camping & Amenities
Close to the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee, camping at Gunstock Mountain Resort puts you in the heart of New Hampshire's Lakes Region. Surrounded by three mountain ranges, numerous crystal clear lakes, a diverse assortment of recreational opportunities and small New England villages, Gunstock offers a dramatic alpine setting for your visit to New Hampshire.
Backed by over 75 years of camping experience, Gunstock's tradition of catering to recreational families ensures memorable vacations. Relax at your campsite and enjoy the natural habitat around the mountain or take a pleasurable drive to one of the many local attractions.
Gunstock is a full service campground with 270 campsites on 140 acres. Amenities include:
- bath houses with free hot showers
- coin-operated laundry facilities
- full-service camp store with ice, fire wood, propane, RV supplies, basic food items and more
- outdoor, in-ground handicap accessible pool.
The summer camping season is from Memorial Day weekend in late May through Columbus Day weekend in October. Winter camping is available during our winter snow sports season – early December to early April. Reservations are accepted up to 355 days in advance (except for SoulFest where open reservations begin in October).
Click on the image below to view a full-screen enlargement.
Basic sites are those without amenities (water/electricity/sewer) on site, although water is available throughout the campground. All sites have a fire ring and picnic table. There is a variety of settings on the basic sites from partially shaded to fully wooded. Base material on the sites range from packed earth to grass. Sites are located throughout the campground. These sites are most appropriate for tent camping. Some sites can accommodate pop-ups and small trailers.
Electricity/Water sites include water and electricity on each individual site. The electric supply is either 20/30 amp service or 50/20 amp service. All sites have a fire ring and picnic table.
These sites are located in four basic areas:
Boardwalk: Small field in the lower part of the campground. The entrance is slightly narrow and steep. Gravel base with surrounding grass and woods. The electric supply is 20/30 amp service.
Poplar Field: Centrally located across from the bath houses, and near the swimming pool. This is a wide open field with a grassy base; however, base conditions in this area vary with changing weather conditions. Sites P1 through P10 are smaller and are best for tents, pop-ups and small trailers. P11 through P40 measure approximately 40’ X 60’ and can accommodate large equipment. Sites P22 to P27 have 50/20 amp service; the others have 30/20 amp service.
Brookside: These sites are located in an open area between the brook and Main Camp Road, next to the bath houses. The site base is gravel and dirt. The pedestals are set back 85’ from the road. The electric supply is 20 amp service.
Cedar and Fir Lanes: Partially wooded with a gravel base. Some sites have grassy areas. Equipment is parked parallel to the road and camp side by side along the lane. The electric supply is 20/30 amp service.
Electricity/Water/Sewer (Full Hook-Up) – There are a limited number of sites that include electricity, water and sewer on each individual site. The electric supply is either 30 or 50 amp service. These sites are located on Ash and Birch Lanes which are partially wooded with a gravel base. Adequate, and in some cases, additional parking is available on these sites. Majority of the sites are parallel parking with a limited number of pull-through sites. All sites have a fire ring and picnic table.
Camping Cabins – There are 2 cabins available for rent. They are rustic shelters (11 by 13 feet) with a porch. There are 2 bunk beds in each cabin, sleeping 5. Linens are not provided. Electricity and electric heat are included. There is a water spigot on the outside of the cabin. A fire ring and picnic table is on each site. The cabins are located in a wooded area near the brook. There is no smoking and no pets allowed in the cabins. The minimum stay in a cabin is 2 nights.
Gunstock offers seasonal camping in both the winter and summer season. Sites with electric, water, and sewer hook-up are available for lease during the summer camping season. Summer seasonal sites are located on Grove, Happy, Ivy, Jagged and Kinder Lanes. Winter Seasonal sites have electric hook-up only and are located on Ash or Birch Lanes. Please call Guest Services 603-293-4341 x155 for more information and availability.
In early August, SoulFest, a Christian music and teaching festival, is held at Gunstock. Additional sites are created for use during the festival:
SoulFest Campside: The majority of these sites are located within the gates of our campground. These sites are appropriate for either tent camping or for trailers that do not require hook-up.
- Site size is approximately 30’ x 30’. These sites are laid out contiguously, so your may have campsites abutting on up to 3 sides of your site.
- Site bases range from blacktop to grass to gravel with varying shade cover. None of these sites are located in a completely wooded area, but some may have trees nearby providing varying shade cover. Others are located in open fields with no trees nearby.
- These sites do not include a fire ring or picnic table. No open flame is allowed on site. Propane or charcoal cooking grills are permitted. Please do not help yourself to a picnic table or fire ring that may be on a site near you. They belong to your neighbor who reserved and paid for a site with those amenities.
- Onsite parking is probable but not guaranteed due to changing weather and ground conditions.
- None of these sections have a public water spigot. There are water spigots located in the Pines, Brook Run, Daisy and Elm sections; or at the bathrooms and bath houses.
SoulFest Mountainside: Sites are located on the SoulFest Venue side of the property. These sites are appropriate for tent camping only. No wheeled equipment will be permitted on these sites. These sites are well suited for large groups as well as individuals.
- Approximate site size is 30’ x 30’. These sites are laid out contiguously, so your may have campsites abutting on up to 3 sides of your site.
- They are located on our novice ski trails with a 10 to 15% slope grade. Access to and from the venue and campground services does require walking up and down hill.
- The majority of the sites will be grassy. There is no tree cover and no points on which to attach a tarp.
- No on-site parking is guaranteed; however, convenient equipment unload/load areas will be available. If ground conditions allow for on-site parking, you will drive on the ski trails to your site.
- These sites do not have fire rings and picnic tables, and no open flames will be permitted on the sites. Propane or charcoal cooking grills are permitted.
- There is no public water spigot in this section. The nearest water spigots are located at the bath houses.
- Port-o-potties are placed near these sites. Access to the campground bath houses is about a 1/4 mile walk.
- The location of Mountainside sites will be made in the days just prior to the festival based on the venue setup and ground conditions. We are not able to guarantee that you will be in a specific location when reserving your Mountainside site.
2-Night Mountainside sites - a limited number of Mountainside sites will be available for Friday and Saturday nights only. There is the probability that these would be walk-in sites, with parking available at the base of the ski trail. Campers on these sites should plan to arrive by Friday afternoon.
Click here to view the campground layout during SoulFest.