Camping & Amenities
Close to the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee, camping at Gunstock Mountain Resort puts you in the heart of New Hampshire's Lakes Region. Surrounded by three mountain ranges, numerous crystal clear lakes, a diverse assortment of recreational opportunities and small New England villages, Gunstock offers a dramatic alpine setting for your visit to New Hampshire.
Backed by over 75 years of camping experience, Gunstock's tradition of catering to recreational families ensures memorable vacations. Relax at your campsite and enjoy the natural habitat around the mountain or take a pleasurable drive to one of the many local attractions.
Gunstock is a full service campground with 270 campsites on 140 acres. Amenities include:
- bath houses with free hot showers
- coin-operated laundry facilities
- full-service camp store with ice, fire wood, propane, RV supplies, basic food items and more
- outdoor, in-ground handicap accessible pool.
The summer camping season is from Memorial Day weekend in late May through Columbus Day weekend in October. Winter camping is available during our winter snow sports season – early December to early April. Reservations are accepted up to 355 days in advance (except for SoulFest where open reservations begin in October).
Gunstock offers seasonal camping in both the winter and summer season. Sites with electric, water, and sewer hook-up are available for lease during the summer camping season. Summer seasonal sites are located on Grove, Happy, Ivy, Jagged and Kinder Lanes. Winter Seasonal sites have electric hook-up only and are located on Ash or Birch Lanes. Please call Guest Services 603-293-4341 x155 for more information and availability.
Bike Week Camping
Laconia Motorcycle Week takes place from June 14 - 21 , 2015. Special Bike Week Camping rates are in effect from June 12 - 21, 2015. Bike Week rates are charged per person and based on the length of stay. Additional fees for sites with utilities apply. Please click here for Bike Week Rates and Campground Policy.
SoulFest is a Christian Music and Teaching Festival that takes place at Gunstock from August 6 – 8, 2015. During SoulFest, the campground is open only to concert attendees. Gunstock expands its camping capacity to over 700 sites and special festival-stay rates are in effect. Please click here for SoulFest Rates and Campground Policy. Electric/Water/Sewer sites and Cabins are Sold Out for 2015. Please click here for the SoulFest Campground Map.
Campsite Types and Rates
(excluding Bike Week and SoulFest)
Gunstock Campground accepts reservation requests for stays of 2 or more nights; except for Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends (and most July 4th weekends), where a 3 night minimum is required. Maximum length of any stay is 2 weeks.
- Rates are based on a family of five: 2 Adults and up to 3 children under the age of 18.
- For families with more than 3 minor children, the cost for additional children is $3 per night.
- Only one family (2 adults and children) OR up to 4 adults (no children) are allowed per site.
- Person registering for the site must be over 18. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Basic sites are those without amenities (water/electricity/sewer) on site, although water is available throughout the campground. All sites have a fire ring and picnic table. There is a variety of settings on the basic sites from partially shaded to fully wooded. Base material on the sites range from packed earth to grass. Sites are located throughout the campground. These sites are most appropriate for tent camping. Some sites can accommodate pop-ups and small trailers.
|Basic Sites||2 Adults with up to 3 children||3 Adults||4 Adults|
Electricity/Water sites include water and electricity on each individual site. The electric supply is either 20/30 amp service or 50/20 amp service. All sites have a fire ring and picnic table.
These sites are located in four basic areas:
Boardwalk: Small field in the lower part of the campground. The entrance is slightly narrow and steep. Gravel base with surrounding grass and woods. The electric supply is 20/30 amp service.
Poplar Field: Centrally located across from the bath houses, and near the swimming pool. This is a wide open field with a grassy base; however, base conditions in this area vary with changing weather conditions. Sites P1 through P10 are smaller and are best for tents, pop-ups and small trailers. P11 through P40 measure approximately 40’ X 60’ and can accommodate large equipment. Sites P22 to P27 have 50/20 amp service; the others have 30/20 amp service.
Brookside: These sites are located in an open area between the brook and Main Camp Road, next to the bath houses. The site base is gravel and dirt. The pedestals are set back 85’ from the road. The electric supply is 20 amp service.
Cedar and Fir Lanes: Partially wooded with a gravel base. Some sites have grassy areas. Equipment is parked parallel to the road and camp side by side along the lane. The electric supply is 20/30 amp service.
|Water/Electric||2 Adults with up to 3 children||3 Adults||4 Adults|
|Water/50 AMP Electric|
Electricity/Water/Sewer (Full Hook-Up)
There are a limited number of sites that include electricity, water and sewer on each individual site. The electric supply is either 30 or 50 amp service. These sites are located on Ash and Birch Lanes which are partially wooded with a gravel base. Adequate, and in some cases, additional parking is available on these sites. Majority of the sites are parallel parking with a limited number of pull-through sites. All sites have a fire ring and picnic table.
|E/W/S||2 Adults with up to 3 children||3 Adults||4 Adults|
There are 2 cabins available for rent. They are rustic shelters (11 by 13 feet) with a porch. There are 2 bunk beds in each cabin, sleeping 5. Linens are not provided. Electricity and electric heat are included. There is a water spigot on the outside of the cabin. A fire ring and picnic table is on each site. The cabins are located in a wooded area near the brook. There is no smoking and no pets allowed in the cabins. The minimum stay in a cabin is 2 nights.
|Cabin*||2 Adults with up to 3 children||3 Adults||4 Adults|
*Cabin rentals are subject to the NH State 9% Rooms and Meals tax.
Rates and taxes are subject to change without notice.
All visitors must check-in at the Welcome Center and pay fee upon arrival. Day visitors are welcome between the hours of 8 AM and 10 PM. The number of day visitors per site is limited to one family (2 adults, 3 children) or 4 adults (no children).
|Age||Cost per Day|
|Adult / Teen||$5|
|Children / Seniors||Free|
|Belknap County Residents||Free|
Click on the image below to view a full-screen enlargement.
Gunstock is a family oriented campground and the following rules have been established so that everyone may enjoy their visit with us. Please be sure that anyone staying on your site knows and understands what is allowed. Anyone failing to abide by the rules will be asked to leave. Parents are responsible for their children's behavior, safety and whereabouts at all times while within the resort.
- Person registering for site must be at least 18 years of age. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Only one family (2 parents and minor children) or 4 adults (no children) are allowed per site.
- The site fee includes 2 adults. Additional charges apply when there are more than 2 adults and 3 children.
- Only registered campers and visitors are allowed in the campground. All visitors must check-in at the Welcome Center and pay visitor fee upon arrival. Day visitors are welcome between the hours of 8 AM and 10 PM, maximum 4 per site per day.
- Quiet hours are between 10PM and 8AM. Excessive noise at any time is not permitted.
- No unregistered vehicles are allowed in the campground. Golf cart, ATVs, dirt bikes, etc. are not permitted.
- The number of cars per site is limited to 2. Additional vehicles may be parked in the main lot.
- Please observe the posted speed limits: 30 MPH on the Entrance Road, 15 MPH on Paved Roads in the Campground and in the Parking Lots; 5 MPH on Dirt and Gravel Roads in the Campground.
- Pets are allowed in our campground, but are not allowed in the cabins. Pets must be on leash at all times. They should not be left unattended and be kept quiet. Campers must clean up after their pets. Pets displaying aggressive behavior will not be permitted on property. A current rabies certificate must be presented at check-in. Dog tags CANNOT be used as proof of rabies vaccination.
- Drinking in public is unlawful. Alcoholic beverages need to be confined to your site. Kegs are not permitted. Under no circumstances is alcohol permitted at the pool.
- Gunstock is located in the town of Gilford. Town ordinances prohibit the possession and display of fireworks, including those that are permitted in other New Hampshire towns. Use of fireworks in the campground will result in eviction.
- Help protect our trees. Please do not bring any firewood onto Gunstock property unless it has been harvested locally or is kiln dried. Firewood is available for purchase at the camp store.
- Fires must be kept knee high and in the fire rings. Fires must not be left unattended. There is a $100 fine for cutting standing trees and we ask that you please leave our trees alone.
- There is one picnic table and one fire ring at each site. They should not be moved from the site. Fire rings and stone fire pits must not be moved.
- No one is permitted in the maintenance yards, ski jump area, on the ATA course or Zip Tour platforms, or inside any other venue after hours.
- All household trash must be placed in the dumpsters. Non-household trash must be transported to an acceptable disposal site off Gunstock property.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to the pool.
- If anyone abuses property, creates a disturbance, or does not adhere to Campground Policies they will be asked to leave immediately and forfeit their campground site fee.
Arrival and Departure Information:
- Campers and visitors must check-in and check-out at the Welcome Center.
- Welcome Center opens at 8AM daily and closes at: 6PM Sunday through Wednesday; 8PM on Thursdays; 10PM on Fridays and 9PM on Saturdays. Hours may vary based on business volume.
- Check-in begins at 1 PM
- Campers should plan to arrive before the Welcome Center closes for the day. Those arriving after closing can be placed on their site by Campground Security based on their discretion. No arrivals will be placed on their site after quiet hours. Late arrivals that cannot be placed on their site will be directed to a temporary location overnight and move to their campsite the next morning. The phone number for Campground Security is posted by the front door of the Welcome Center.
- A $20 deposit for each gate key (maximum 2 per site) issued is required at check-in. A credit card number can be noted to secure the gate key.
- Bring the license plate number of all motor vehicles that will be on your site with you into the Welcome Center.
- If you are bringing your family pet, a copy of their current rabies certificate must be shown at registration.
- Check-out time is by 11AM. Late check-outs will be charged an additional night fee.
- Those departing before the Welcome Center opens in the morning can use the check-out envelopes in the mailbox next to the Welcome Center doors to return their gate key(s).
- Reservations cancelled 14 days prior to the arrival date may receive a full refund.(See Bike Week or SoulFest Policies if you are camping for those events)
- Those cancelled 7 to 13 days prior to the arrival date may receive a refund, less a $20 cancellation fee.
- Those cancelled less than 7 days prior to the arrival date receive a rain check valid for up to 1 year.
- The $20 deposit for sites reserved during the season for the following summer is non-refundable.