Outreach and Home School Programs
Over 40 years ago Gunstock developed an Outreach Program to offer children the opportunity to ski or snowboard at discounted rates, while providing a safe and social learning environment. Today, our Outreach Program has expanded to offer thousands of youths in New England area schools, recreation departments and challenged organizations the opportunity to participate in the sports of skiing, snowboarding, or cross country skiing, both educationally and recreationally, still at a discounted rate. We have also added a program for home schooled children that offers them the same discounts. Our program consists of a weekly full day ticket or evening ticket. A one hour group lesson is provided with free skiing/riding to follow. This educational program is offered to groups of twenty or more. A full rental program is available at discounted rates as well. For more details contact the Ski Learning Center Outreach Program Coordinator at 603-737-4322 or by email at email@example.com.
Gunstock is proud to work with 60 different schools and organizations offering lessons to over 3,000 students each season. We rely on our relationship with the school or organization coordinator to manage these programs and their costs. If you have any specific questions about your child’s program, please contact your group’s coordinator. Below you will find links to a Frequently Asked Questions sheet and some forms that you made need.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Participation Waiver
- Nordic Participation Waiver
- Rental Waiver
- Refund Request Form
HOME SCHOOL OUTREACH PROGRAM
The Gunstock Mountain Resort Learning Center is pleased to offer a Ski, Ride, or Cross Country Ski program just for Home Schoolers. The Outreach Ski & Ride program provides an opportunity for students grades 1-12, ages 6-18, to enjoy 5 visits which include a 1 hour group lesson and multiple hours of free skiing and riding for all abilities. This program is being organized and coordinated by Gunstock staff to provide Home School parents with an organized recreational experience.
2012/2013 Season Rates
|Cost per person|
|Rental Package ( Includes skis, boots, poles or Snowboard and boots)||
- Program will run the first 5 Wednesdays of the year starting the first full week of January, (1/9/13 - 2/6/13).
- The program price covers the cost of an all day lift ticket and a 1 hour group lesson.
- Parents/guardians who chaperone their children can also purchase the program at the Home School Outreach rate. Their program includes a full day lift ticket, but a lesson is not included. Rentals are also available at the outreach rate.
- We encourage one or two parents (maximum) to shadow a lesson group in order to help keep children organized and assist with loading the lift if applicable. Often parents will take turns each week and that may be worked out by the parents/guardian at the flag prior to the lesson start. If you chaperone your child, or others, make sure you are skiing or riding at the same ability or above those students in that lesson group.
- We need to have a Participants Waiver and, if applicable, a Rental Waiver for all students/parents participating.
- Waivers and payment in full need to be returned to us by December 15th. Checks can be made out to Gunstock Mountain Resort and mailed to:
Gunstock Mountain Resort
Home School Ski Program
c/o Gretchen Casey
PO Box 1307
Laconia, NH 03247
- If you would like to pay by credit card, you can do so by calling in and speaking to Gretchen at 737-4322.
- Lift tickets will be available to pick up in the Season Pass Center on Wednesday morning at 9:00. Tickets must be picked up by the parent or guardian only. Tickets will not be given to the child.
- We will be available in the Season Pass Center on the first day of the program at 8:30am to answer questions and walk you through the process.
- Lessons will meet at red flags at 10am. We suggest that you arrive at least an hour early to get set up. Lessons will start promptly at 10:00 and will not wait for late comers.
- If you have any further questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.