E-Bike Tour FAQs
Where are you located?
- E-bike Tours at Gunstock Mountain Resort are located in the beautiful Lakes Region of Central New Hampshire. Just up the hill from Lake Winnipesaukee in Gilford, New Hampshire.
- Visit our Directions Page HERE
What is an E-Bike?
- An E-bike is an electric bike that contains a battery.
- Our Scott 920E brand mountain bikes contain pedal assistance, which means you get to have all the fun of traditional trail biking without all the hard work!
How fast does the bike go?
- The battery will assist pedaling up to 20mph.
Can I rent just the e-bike?
- No, the bikes are only available for use during the tour.
Where does the tour go?
- You'll check-in at the Camp Store, then head across the street to The Stadium to get training on the bike, experiment with the various power levels, and test your newfound skills prior to heading out to the trails.
- Guests will traverse our large network of Campground and Cross Country Trails, experience the ease of riding uphill with the pedal assistance, gain a little knowledge on Gunstock's layout and history, and you could even spot some wildlife!
Do I need to make a reservation?
- We highly recommend that you reserve your adventure in advance there are a limited number of E-Bikes and tours can sell out on any given day.
- You can make a reservation by phone at 603-737-4388 or online.
- Click HERE to book online.
- Our reservation line voice mail is always available, and calls will be returned promptly during operational hours, however, leaving a message does not ensure a reservation.
- You will need to pay the full amount at the reservation time.
What time do I need to arrive?
- As the E-Bike Tours can be sold out on any given day, it is vital to arrive on time for the start of your adventure (we recommend that you arrive at least 20 minutes hour prior to your reservation time).
- If you miss your session there are no refunds.
- Arriving on time allows for a relaxed start to your adventure. Factor in extra time for driving to Gunstock Mountain Resort, parking in the lane behind the Camp Store, completing any necessary paperwork, visiting our retail store, and making use of our facilities.
What should I wear?
- We suggest you bring a small water bottle that will fit in a traditional bike water bottle holder.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows free movement.
- Pant legs will need to be secured /rolled up so they do not get snagged in the bike chain.
- A light sweatshirt or jacket may be useful in the shaded trails.
- Closed-toe and closed-heel shoes or boots are REQUIRED for adventures. Open-toed shoes are NOT allowed. Sturdy, closed-toe sport sandals with adjustable back straps are adequate. Croc brand or similar footwear are not considered to be adequate.
- The Gunstock Staff reserve the right to determine whether the apparel and/or footwear are adequate for the chosen adventure.
Will I need a helmet?
- Helmets will be required for all participants. You may bring your own, if you do not have a helmet one will be supplied by Gunstock Mountain Resort.
Are there any age, height, weight or other restrictions?
- Be at least 14 years old.
- Children ages 14 and 15 years of age must be accompanied on the E-Bike Tour by a participating parent/guardian.
- Maximum weight 250 lbs.
- There are no specific height restrictions, but participants must fit properly on the bike. There are multiple sizes of bikes and guides will ensure your fit.
- You must have a properly sized bike in order to participate in the tour.
- Participants need to have experience pedaling a bike and be very comfortable getting on and off a bike.
Is there any paperwork to fill out?
- Whenever you are about to have too much fun there is always paperwork to fill out. All participants must complete a Release of Liability prior to beginning the adventure. A signature from a parent/guardian is required for all participants under 18 years of age.
Can I bring my camera/camcorder?
- You may bring a phone/camera as long as it is stored while pedaling in either a backpack or zippered pocket.
- The tour will make stops to provide you with photo and video opportunities.
- Gunstock is not responsible for any personal items lost during the tour.
Can I carry a backpack, fanny-pack or pocketbook?
- Yes, you may wear a backpack or fanny-pack as long as it does not interfere with steering the bike. You need to be able to use both hands to steer.
Are there storage or changing facilities?
- During the Summer of 2020, we will not have storage or changing facilities.
Is there a guide with you on the tour?
- You will receive a safety briefing and training from one of our E-Bike Guides before you begin. The Guide will accompany you on the tour to ensure that you are operating the equipment properly and safely. They will lead you around the resort property and highlight points of interest.
How long does the E-bike Tour take?
- The tour lasts approximately 1 ½ hours. It is comprised of instructional how-to and practice prior to heading out to explore the trails and have fun on your bike.
What happens in bad weather?
- We will not operate the E-Bike Tour in extreme weather conditions; moderate weather conditions do not affect operations.
- Our Staff will contact you if we have advanced notice of extreme weather and need to reschedule.
- If the weather is marginal, please call us for a status update. Do not assume we have cancelled the tour if you have bad weather where you are, we may have sunny skies!
What is your cancellation policy?
- You can cancel your Tour by calling the reservation line at 603-737-4388. The policy reads:
- Cancellation 48 hours or more prior to Adventure- Full refund or reschedule
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to Adventure- Full value on a non-expiring gift card or reschedule
- No call for cancellation or no show- Loss of payment
- Please Note: Your reservation is not considered cancelled until you have verification from a Gunstock Mountain Resort Staff member.
- Sometimes, unfortunately, we might need to close for reasons beyond our control. If you have already started the tour we will do our best to find alternative dates or times for you and your party to visit again. You will be issued a “Rain Check” to use prior to the end of the current season. Rain checks are transferable but are only valid for the adventure for which it is issued, therefore, all participants must meet the age, height, and weight requirements of that adventure.
Incomplete Tour Policy
- If you decide the tour is not for you before entering the E-bike trails, there are no refunds
Can I bring my dog?
- Dogs are welcome at Gunstock Mountain Resort but must be supervised and remain on a leash at all times. You must clean up after your dog while on resort property.
- Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed on the E-bike tour for safety reasons.
How do you clean the equipment?
- After each tour, and at the end of each day prior to putting equipment away for the evening, our guides sanitize all touch points (including bikes & helmets) using bleach wipes.
- We also ask that guests wear masks during training as there are times when guides & guests may be closer than 6 feet as recommended by social distancing guidelines.
In order to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and maintain a healthy environment, Gunstock is following guidance set by the Governor's Reopening Task Force and the CDC. Click HERE to read the Universal Guidelines. We are asking each guest to ask themselves the following questions prior to arriving at Gunstock. If you answer yes, please come back another day when you feel better.
Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
Are you experiencing and new muscle aches or chills?
Have you had any new changes in your sense of taste or smell?
We are also asking guests to:
Please keep a safe distance of at least 6 feet from other people.
Wear a cloth face covering over mouth and nose to protect others when near other guests.
Please reach out with any questions. We're in this together!