Where are you located?
- Segway Tours at Gunstock Mountain Resort are located in the beautiful Lakes Region of Central New Hampshire. Just up the hill from Lake Winnipesaukee in Gilford, New Hampshire.
- Visit our Directions Page HERE
What is a Segway?
- It's a 2-wheeled, self-balancing personal transporter.
- To move forward or backward on the Segway, the rider just leans slightly forward or backward.
- To turn left or right, the rider simply moves the LeanSteer frame left or right.
- You get the sense of power and speed, yet you also feel a sense of safety and absolute control. It all feels natural, safe, and instinctive. Segway X2 is a durable off-road machine that is ready to navigate varied terrain with minimal environmental impact.
Where does the tour go?
- You'll check-in at the Welcome Center, then head to the Stockade Lodge to get training from the guides, and test your newfound skills prior to heading out to the trails.
- You’ll traverse our large network of Campground and Cross Country Trails, gain a little knowledge on Gunstock's layout and history, and you could even spot some wildlife!
Can I rent a Segway without going on the tour?
- No, the Segways are only available for use during the tour.
Do I need to make a reservation?
- Yes, reservations are required to reserve your adventure in advance. There are a limited number of Segway Tours and can sell out on any given day.
- You can make a reservation online or by phone at 603-737-4388.
- Our reservation line voicemail is always available, and calls will be returned promptly during operational hours, however, leaving a message does not ensure a reservation.
- You will need to pay the full amount at the time of your reservation.
What time do I need to arrive?
- As the Segway Tours can be sold out on any given day, it is vital to arrive on time for the start of your adventure (we recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes hour prior to your reservation time). If you miss your session there are no refunds.
- Arriving early allows for a relaxed start to your adventure. Factor in time for driving to Gunstock Mountain Resort, parking, getting to the Welcome Center, checking in and completing waivers, making use of our facilities, and visiting Ski & Sport to rent a GoPro or grab a souvenir.
What are Gunstock's COVID guidelines?
Ask yourself the following questions prior to arriving at Gunstock. If you answer yes, please come back another day when you feel better.
1. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
2. Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
3. Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
4. Are you experiencing and new muscle aches or chills?
5. Have you had any new changes in your sense of taste or smell?
What should I wear?
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows free movement.
- A light sweatshirt or jacket may be useful in the shaded trails.
- Closed-toe and closed-heel shoes or boots are REQUIRED for adventures. Open-toed shoes are NOT allowed. Sturdy, closed-toe sport sandals with adjustable back straps are adequate. Crocs or similar footwear are not considered to be adequate.
- The Gunstock Staff reserve the right to determine whether the apparel and/or footwear are adequate for the chosen adventure.
Will I need a helmet?
- Helmets will be required and included in the tour cost. We use standard bicycle helmets. If you prefer to bring your own, it will be subject to a pass/fail inspection by our guides.
Are there any age, height or weight restrictions?
- Be at least 14 years old.
- Children ages 14 and 15 years of age must be accompanied on the Segway Tour by a participating adult.
- Weigh between 100 and 250 lbs.
- There are no height restrictions.
Is there any paperwork to fill out?
- Every participant must complete an Adventure Park Release of Liability. Participants under the age of 18 must have the Adventure Park Release of Liability signed by a parent/guardian when reserving online.
Can I bring my camera/camcorder?
- Yes you can! Each Segway has a travel pouch to carry your equipment. The tour will make stops to provide you with photo and video opportunities.
- Gunstock is not responsible for any personal items lost during the tour.
Can I carry a backpack, fanny-pack or pocketbook?
- No. Each Segway is equipped with a travel pouch to carry small items. Any pack that you may wear or strap on yourself (most purses) could interfere with your balance and the Segway operation.
Are there storage or changing facilities?
- All personal belongings should be stored in your vehicle as there is no free storage available in the lodge.
- There are pay-for lockers in the Stone Cellar for $5, $7, or $10.
- Restrooms are available with a changing room for your convenience and privacy.
- We cannot be responsible for personal items left unattended.
Is there a guide with you on the tour?
- You will receive a safety briefing and training from one of our Segway Guides before you begin. The Segway Guide will accompany you on the tour to ensure that you are operating the equipment properly and safely. They will guide you around the resort property and highlight points of interest.
How long does the Segway Tour take?
- The tour is comprised a demonstration of the Segway operation and about 30 to 45 minutes of hands-on driver training. This is followed by 45 minutes of pure fun as you transport yourself around Gunstock.
What happens in bad weather?
- We will not operate the Segway Tour in extreme weather conditions; moderate weather conditions do not affect operations.
- Our Staff will contact you if we have advanced notice of extreme weather and need to reschedule. If the weather is marginal, please call us for a status update. Do not assume we have cancelled the tour if you have bad weather where you are, we may have sunny skies!
What is your cancellation policy?
- You can cancel your Tour by calling the reservation line at 603-737-4388. The policy reads:
- Cancellation 48 hours or more prior to Adventure- Full refund or reschedule
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to scheduled Adventure: No refunds or rescheduling allowed.
- No call for cancellation or no show- Loss of payment
- Please Note: Your reservation is not considered cancelled until you have verification from a Gunstock Mountain Resort Staff member.
- Sometimes, unfortunately, we might need to close for reasons beyond our control. If you have already started the tour we will do our best to find alternative dates or times for you and your party to visit again. You will be issued a “Rain Check” to use prior to the end of the current season. Rain checks are transferable but are only valid for the adventure for which it is issued, therefore, all participants must meet the age, height, and weight requirements of that adventure.
Incomplete Tour Policy
- There are no refunds if you decide not to complete the Segway Tour. If you decide that the Segway Tour is not for you before entering the Segway trails, you may switch to a different adventure if there is availability and you meet the requirements. If another adventure is full or you choose not to do a different adventure, there will be no refund. If you switch to a different adventure of lesser value, there will be no partial refund.
Can I bring my dog?
- Dogs are welcome at Gunstock Mountain Resort but must be supervised and remain on a leash at all times. You must clean up after your dog while on resort property.
- Please do not leave any animal in your vehicle unattended. We care about all animals and will take necessary measures if a dog is spotted unattended in a vehicle, including contacting authorities.
- Your dog cannot accompany you on the Segway Tour.
- During Winter Snow Sports season, dogs are not allowed on any snow surface.