Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
- Segway Tours at Gunstock Mountain Resort are located in the beautiful Lakes Region of Central New Hampshire. Just up the hill from Lake Winnipesaukee in Gilford, New Hampshire.
- Visit our Directions Page HERE
What is a Segway?
- It's a 2-wheeled, self-balancing personal transporter. To move forward or backward on the Segway®, the rider just leans slightly forward or backward. To turn left or right, the rider simply moves the LeanSteer® frame left or right. You get the sense of power and speed, yet you also feel a sense of safety and absolute control. It all feels natural, safe, and instinctive. Segway X2® is a durable off-road machine that is ready to navigate varied terrain with minimal environmental impact.
Where does the tour go?
- After training in the base area, the tour heads around Gunstock's pond towards Cobble Mountain. You’ll traverse our large network of cross country trails, gain a little knowledge on Gunstock's layout and history, and you could even spot some wildlife!
Do I need to make a reservtion?
- We highly recommend that you reserve your adventure in advance there are a limited number of Segway X2s® and tours can sell out on any given day. You can make a reservation by phone at 603-737-4388 or online.
- Our reservation line voice mail is always available and calls will be returned promptly during operational hours, however, leaving a message does not ensure a reservation.
- You will need to pay the full amount at the reservation time.
What time do I need to arrive?
- As the Segway Tours can be sold out on any given day, it is vital to arrive on time for the start of your adventure (we recommend that you arrive 1/2 hour prior to your reservation time). If you miss your session there are no refunds. Arriving on time allows for a relaxed start to your adventure. Factor in extra time for driving to Gunstock Mountain Resort, parking, getting to the Admissions Center, completing the necessary paperwork, visiting our retail store and making use of our facilities.
What should I wear?
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows free movement.
- Shoes should be comfortable and flat soled. Please wear closed toed shoes Segway, Closed-toe and heel shoes or boots are RECOMMENDED. Open-toe shoes are NOT allowed. Sturdy, closed-toe sport sandals with back straps are adequate. The Gunstock Mountain Adventure Park Attraction Staff reserve the right to determine whether the apparel and/or footwear are adequate for the chosen adventure. Croc brand or similar footwear are not considered to be adequate.
- Flat shoes are strongly recommended.
- A light sweatshirt or jacket may be useful in the shaded trails.
Will I need a helmet?
- Helmets will be required and included in the tour cost. We use standard bicycle helmets. If you prefer to bring your own, it will be subject to a pass/fail inspection by our guides.
Are there any age, height or weight restrictions?
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age, and weigh between 100 and 250 lbs. There are no height restrictions. Guests between the ages of 14 and 15 (inclusive) must have a participating parent/guardian on the tour.
Is there any paperwork to fill out?
- Whenever you are about to have too much fun there is always paperwork to fill out. All participants must complete a Release of Liability prior to beginning the adventure. A signature from a parent/guardian is required for all participants under 18 years of age. If a minor is coming to Gunstock without a parent/guardian, the liability release must be signed and notarized. Liability releases can be downloaded from the website.
Can I bring my camera/camcorder?
- Yes you can! Each Segway® has a travel pouch to carry your equipment. The tour will make stops to provide you with photo and video opportunities. The Mountainside Outfitters retail shop offers GoPro® video cameras with helmet mounts and/ or chest harnesses for rent or purchase.
Can I carry a backpack, fanny-pack or pocketbook?
No. Each Segway® X2 is equipped with a travel pouch to carry small items. Any pack that you may wear or strap on yourself(most purses) could interfere with your balance and the Segway® operation.
Are there storage or changing facilities?
- We have storage baskets available in the Admissions Center for any extra gear you need to store while you are on your tour. Facilities are available with a changing room for your convenience and privacy. We cannot be responsible for personal items left unattended.
Is there a guide with you on the tour?
- You will receive a safety briefing and training from one of our Segway Guides before you begin. The Segway Guide will accompany you on the tour to ensure that you are operating the equipment properly and safely; guide you around the resort property and highlight points of interest.
How long does the Segway Tour take?
- The tour is comprised a demonstration of the Segway operation and about 30 to 45 minutes of hands-on driver training. This is followed by 45 minutes of pure fun as you transport yourself around Gunstock.
What happens in bad weather?
- We will not operate the Segway Tour in extreme weather conditions; moderate weather conditions do not affect operations. Our Adventure Center Staff will contact you if we have advanced notice of extreme weather and need to reschedule. If the weather is marginal, please call us for a status update. Do not assume we have cancelled the tour if you have bad weather where you are, we may have sunny skies!
What is your cancellation policy?
- You can cancel your Adventure (Zip, ATA, or Segway) by calling the Adventure Park reservation line at 603-737-4388. The policy reads:
- Cancellation 48 hours or more prior to Adventure- Full refund or reschedule
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to Adventure- Full value on a non-expiring gift card or reschedule
- No call for cancellation or no show- Loss of payment
- Please Note: Your reservation is not considered cancelled until you have verification from a Gunstock Mountain Adventure Park Associate.
- Sometimes, unfortunately, we might need to close the Adventure Park for reasons beyond our control and if you have already started the tour we will do our best to find alternative dates or times for you and your party to visit again. You will be issued a “Rain Check” to use prior to the end of the current season. Rain checks are transferable but are only valid for the adventure for which it is issued, therefore, all participants must meet the age, height, and weight requirements of that adventure.
Incomplete Tour Policy
- If you decide the tour is not for you before entering the Segway trails, you will be issued a refund of your tour purchase onto a non-expiring gift card less a $15 back out fee.
Can I bring my dog?
- Dogs are welcome at Gunstock Mountain Resort but must be supervised and remain on a leash at all times. You must clean up after your dog while on resort property. Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed on the Segway tour for safety reasons.