Scenic Lift Ride FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Gunstock's COVID guidelines?
Ask yourself the following questions prior to arriving at Gunstock. If you answer yes, please come back another day when you feel better.
1. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
2. Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
3. Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
4. Are you experiencing and new muscle aches or chills?
5. Have you had any new changes in your sense of taste or smell?
We are also asking guests to:
· Please keep a safe distance of at least 6 feet from other people.
· Wear a face covering, over nose and mouth, while inside all buildings and outside when you cannot socially distance.
Please reach out with any questions. We're in this together!
What is the protocol for riding the chairlift with children?
- All passengers and/or children must be aware of the lift loading and unloading procedures.
- Children/passengers must be able to sit and ride the Chairlift independently (free of embrace or human restraint).
- Children/passengers must sit all the way to the back of the seat (“back to back”); do not lean forward or on the restraint device.
- Guests will not be permitted access to the chairlifts with a child in a carrier such as a backpack or chest pack. This is for the safety of the child in the unlikely event of a lift evacuation or injury to the adult.
If we need to evacuate the chairlift, what is the procedure?
In the unlikely event of a lift evacuation, each passenger may be required to be lowered from the chairlift using a “T-Seat” from a height upwards of 100’ off the ground.
What are the rules and regulations for riding the chairlift?
- People traveling together may ride the lift together.
- We ask our guests to please social distance and maintain 6 feet from others.
- NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED on the chairlift.
- Pets are NOT permitted to ride the chairlift.
- NO SMOKING ON CHAIRLIFT, and we ask that you refrain from smoking at the top of the mountain or on hiking trails.
- NO littering from the Chairlift.
Does the chairlift transport mountain bikes to the summit?
Sorry, no lift service is available to take bikes to the summit at this time.
Are Scenic Lift Rides available in the winter?
Scenic Lift Rides are not available during Winter Snow Sports operation.
For more information on age, height, and weight restrictions click here.
Weather can impact lift operations. Please call us at 603-737-4388 for current operating plans during marginal weather.