Scenic Lift Ride FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the protocol for riding the chairlift with children?
- All passengers and/or children must be aware of the lift loading and unloading procedures.
- Children/passengers must be able to sit and ride the Chairlift independently (free of embrace or human restraint).
- Children/passengers must sit all the way to the back of the seat (“back to back”); do not lean forward or on the restraint device.
- Guests will not be permitted access to the chairlifts with a child in a carrier such as a backpack or chest pack. This is for the safety of the child in the unlikely event of a lift evacuation or injury to the adult.
If we need to evacuate the chairlift, what is the procedure?
In the unlikely event of a lift evacuation, each passenger may be required to be lowered from the chairlift using a “T-Seat” from a height upwards of 100’ off the ground.
What are the rules and regulations for riding the chairlift?
- NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED on the chairlift.
- Pets are NOT permitted to ride the chairlift.
- NO SMOKING ON CHAIRLIFT, and we ask that you refrain from smoking at the top of the mountain or on hiking trails.
- NO littering from the Chairlift.
Does the chairlift transport mountain bikes to the summit?
Sorry, no lift service is available to take bikes to the summit at this time.
Are Scenic Lift Rides available during SoulFest?
Must be a festival attendee with wristband to ride the chairlift during Soulfest: August 6-8, 2020.
Are Scenic Lift Rides available in the winter?
Scenic Lift Rides are not available during Winter Snow Sports operation.
For more information on age, height, and weight restrictions click here.
Weather can impact lift operations. Please call us at 603-293-4341 for current operating plans during marginal weather.