Gunstock is closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 Season.
We plan to open for Summer Operations May 23, 2020.
The Mountain Coaster is essentially a roller coaster set on the mountainside. Riders begin and end by the LRDS building in two-person carts on twin, stainless steel rails. The coaster takes riders uphill through the forest before the cart disengages, and gravity takes over. The downhill track is designed with swooping turns, banked corners, rolling drops and 360° turns. Each cart is equipped with its own braking system, allowing you to slow speeds to a comfortable pace or accelerate to G-Force inducing levels.
- Nearly 4,100 feet long
- Rides last about 6 minutes
- Speeds up to 25 mph
- Driver must be at least 54" tall.
- Passenger must be at least 3 years old and 38" tall and ride with another person that is both 16 years or older and at least 54" tall.
- Any patron under the height of 38" tall shall not ride the Gunstock Mountain Coaster. Any rider must be no more than 84" tall. A combined weight of both riders (or one) shall not exceed 375 lbs for dry conditions or 330 lbs in wet conditions.
- Unlimited Mountain Coaster rides included within a 2-hour Tubing session on scheduled days when the coaster is running!
- Come get your tickets at the Welcome Center or Ticket Booth.
- Mountain Coaster operations are weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, coaster patrons may receive a "rain check" to enjoy the coaster on another day. Please check the Conditions page.
- Click here to watch a video about safety rules and regulations for riding the Mountain Coaster.
|Mountain Coaster Pricing|
|Single Ride, All Ages||$16||$12|
|Season Pass Holders||$8||$6|
|Mountain Coaster Hours|