The Mountain Coaster is a roller coaster set on the mountainside at Gunstock. Riders begin and end by the LRDS building in a two-person cart on twin, stainless steel rails. The coaster takes riders uphill through the forest before the cart disengages, and gravity takes over. The downhill track is designed with swooping turns, banked corners, rolling drops and 360° turns. Each cart is equipped with its own braking system, allowing riders to slow speeds to a comfortable pace or accelerate to G-Force inducing levels.
Mountain Coaster Details:
- Nearly 4,100 feet long
- Rides last about 6 minutes
- Speeds up to 25 mph
- Driver must be at least 54" tall.
- Passenger must be at least 3 years old and 38" tall and ride with another person that is both 16 years or older and at least 54" tall.
- Any patron under the height of 38" tall shall not ride the Gunstock Mountain Coaster. Any rider must be no more than 84" tall. A combined weight of both riders (or one) shall not exceed 375 lbs for dry conditions or 330 lbs in wet conditions.
- Mountain Coaster operations are weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, coaster patrons may receive a "rain check" to enjoy the coaster on another day. Please check the Conditions page.
Watch our safety video for riding the Mountain Coaster: