Cross Country (Nordic Center)
What is the Nordic Center?
Gunstock Nordic Center is a Nordic sports focused facility located on the right as you enter the resort. We have up to 27km of groomed Cross Country Skiing trails, and we make snow!
Lessons, Tours, and More
We are dedicated to finding actvities that will get you and your crew out this Winter! New to Nordic snowsports? Our staff is experienced in instruction in both skate skiing and classic style cross country skiing and it is their passion to teach folks how to enjoy the woods on skis! The Nordic Center also has snowshoes for rent if you'd rather explore our trails "on foot," or you can embark on a Snowshoe Ridge Tour with a group, offered weekly throughout the winter season. Don't leave your dog at home while you venture out this winter-- Skijoring is a fun and exciting activity for humans AND their canine companions!
Join our Facebook group Gunstock XC, and be sure to follow us on Instagram to get the most up to date information about events, clinic, tours, and classes. Come be a part of our friendly nordic community and find answers to your questions and buddies to adventure with!
Fat Bikes are welcome on the XC trails but must adhere to some regulations, as conditions change on a daily basis and we must be considerate as to how the presence of bikes will affect the trails for skiers.
- All fat bikes must have a valid Trail Pass.
- No biking on Soft Snow/ Mud/ Dirt
- (if you leave a rut 1 inch or deeper, having hard time riding in a straight line or need to push you bike, it is too soft. If you experience this, please get off the trail system and notify the staff as the trails should not be open to fat biking in those conditions.)
- Tires must be wider than 3.5″ and tire pressure must be less than 10 psi.
- Bikes yield to all other users. Cross Country Skiers do not have brakes, so bikes are responsible for staying out of their way. Watch skiers' poles. They can be fragile and expensive.
- Gunstock Nordic Center staff will monitor conditions and usage and restrict fat bike use when appropriate.
Got a Group of "Non-Skiers"?
The Nordic Center is equipped to host your crew of people to offer a different kind of mountain experience. Give us a call to setup a special event, a race, or just to host a small snowshoe outing among friends or coworkers. We are flexible and are happy to help facilitate a new experience to fit your needs!
Questions? You can reach us at 603-293-4341 ext. 504
Our People, Nordic Center