Safety at Gunstock
We ask that our guests refrain from tobacco use within 25 feet of any public structure, in lift lines, queuing areas or while riding a chair lift. This includes all decks and the outdoor deck of the Powder Keg Pub. If you do smoke, we ask that you dispose of your butts properly. Smoking is not permitted inside our buildings.
Please call 603-293-4341 or email email@example.com to cancel.
- Cancellation 48 hours or more prior to lesson: Full Refund or Reschedule of Lesson
- Cancellation 47 hours or less prior to lesson: Full Value on a Non-Expiring Gift Card or Reschedule of Lesson
- NO call for Cancellation or NO show: Loss of Payment
- Please note that your reservation is not considered cancelled until you have verification from Gunstock Welcome Center.
Pet Policy and Dog Leash Requirements
We all love our pets and sometimes it is difficult to leave them behind when traveling. When visiting Gunstock, please observe these policies that are intended to keep our pets and guests safe.
- Service dogs are always welcome. We ask that you have them wear their service vest so that we know who they are.
- Never leave your pet unattended or in a parked vehicle in any parking area.
- Please clean up after your pet.
- Pets displaying aggressive behavior will not be permitted on property.
- For safety and sanitary reasons, pets are not permitted on snow surfaces. This includes all alpine ski trails, the base area near the lodges and tubing hill area.
- Due to Department of Health regulations, pets are not permitted in any of our dining facilities.
- At the Nordic Center, dogs are only permitted on the 15KM of XC trails designated for skijoring and when using a skijoring harness. Please check in with the Nordic Center to sign in/register and get your trail pass.
- Dogs may be walked along the roads in the campground. They must be leashed and under control at all times.
- Pets are welcome on our grounds and on our hiking trails. They must be leashed and under control at all times.
- Campers are welcome to bring their pets with them. They will need to present a valid rabies certificate at check-in. Dogs in the campground must be able to abide by campground noise regulations and should never be left unattended at the campsite.
- Adventure Park guests will not be able to bring their pet along on their Zip, ATA or Segway adventure and should make arrangements for their care while participating in the adventure.
- Pets are not permitted on the chairlift.
Children on Chairlifts
We love to see the little ones learning to ski or ride! And many of them get especially excited to ride "the big chair" for the first time. Here are some important safety reminders for children riding on chairlifts during the winter season at Gunstock:
- Children must be able to load, ride, and unload without being carried.
- Children (and any other guests riding the chairlifts at Gunstock) must be wearing skis or other alpine sliding devices.
- Guests will not be permitted access to the chairlifts with a child in a carrier such as a backpack or chest pack. This is for the safety of the child in the unlikely event of a lift evacuation or injury to the adult.
- Once on the lift, children should sit all the way to the back of the seat; do not lean forward or on the bar.
- Sit still, hang on, and never EVER engage in horseplay while riding the chairlift!
Kidsonlifts.org is a great resource for parents of children learning to ski/ride.
Lift Loading/Riding on Snowboards
For the safety of all surface and aerial lift passengers and Gunstock Mountain Resort employees, Gunstock requires all snowboard passengers traveling through queue areas, within loading and unloading areas and while in transit, to keep one foot free from the snowboard binding.
If a snowboarder is using ski poles and can keep their snowboard parallel with adjacent lift passengers and/or in the required direction of travel in the queue and load/unload areas, the snowboarder will be allowed to keep both feet strapped in.
Uphill Travel Policy
Gunstock Mountain Resort allows skinning, snowshoeing and other forms of non-motorized uphill access. For everyone’s safety on the mountain, we require that anyone participating in these activities adhere to the following guidelines and rules: Uphill Policy
Solicitation and Distribution of Materials
- Please do not post, pass or distribute any written materials without the permission of the Gunstock Commissioners or their duly authorized agent. Written materials include but are not limited to: brochures, flyers, newsletters, papers, advertisements, solicitations, rack cards, decals, bumper stickers, books and/or magazines.
- Distribution of any materials of any kind in Gunstock designated parking lots, or within the Gunstock designated camping areas is expressly prohibited without written permission of the Gunstock Area Commission. Under no circumstances may materials be placed on, in or near vehicles parked in said areas.
Click here to if you'd like to read the complete Policy on Solicitation and Distribution of Materials.
Aerial Drone Policy
Out of safety concerns for guests, employees, and resort property, Gunstock Mountain Resort prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems, or aerial drones, by the general public – including recreational users and hobbyists – without prior written authorization from the Resort. Please see our policy on aerial drones.