Safety in the park is huge for Gunstock and the future of the freestyle snow sports.
Become familiar with Smart Style :
- Look before you leap. Scope around the jumps first, not over them. Know landings are clear and clear yourself out of the landing area.
- Easy Style it. Start small and work your way up. (inverted aerials not recommended)
- Respect gets respect. From the lift line through the park.
Know The Code:
- Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride, and unload safely.