***PLEASE NOTE: Icing on the Panorama lift this morning has our crews working to remedy the situation. Ziptours and Scenic Lift Rides are on delay until then. If you have a reservation, please call 603-737-4388 for more information. The Mountain Coaster will be closed for the day due to a mechanical issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Welcome Center and Mountainside Outfitters will be open as usual today for Season Pass purchases, Seasonal Equipment Leases, etc.
The Mountain Coaster is included in your Discover Adventure or can be purchased as a single ride. It is essentially a roller coaster set on the mountainside. Riders begin and end in the Discover Zone in two-person carts on twin, stainless steel rails. The coaster takes riders uphill through the forest before the cart disengages, and gravity takes over. The downhill track is designed with swooping turns, banked corners, rolling drops and 360° turns. Each cart is equipped with its own braking system, allowing you to slow speeds to a comfortable pace or accelerate to G-Force inducing levels.
- Nearly 4100 feet long
- Rides last about 6 minutes
- Speeds up to 25 mph
- Driver must be at least 4 feet 6 inches tall.
- Passenger must be at least 3 years old and 3 feet 2 inches tall and ride with another person that is both 16 years or older and at least 4 feet 6 inches tall.
- Any patron under the height of 3 feet 2 inches tall shall not ride the Gunstock Mountain Coaster. Any rider must be no more than 7 feet tall. A combined weight of both riders (or one) shall not exceed 375 lbs for dry conditions or 330 lbs in wet conditions.
- Appropriate footwear is required: shoes must be closed toe and closed heel to ride.
- Click here to watch our video about safety rules and regulations for the Mountain Coaster!